Daffodils and narcissi are excellent as highly fragrant indoor bulbs. Try growing narcissi bulbs in compost or just in pebbles and water in a bowl.
How to do it
- Place a few pieces of charcoal in the bottom of a glass bowl without a hole.
- Fill to within 4cm of top with pebbles.
- Sit bulbs firmly on pebbles but without touching each other.
- Add more pebbles to half the height of bulbs.
- Pour in water until it shows at base of bulbs.
- Place bowl on windowsill.
- Top up with water as necessary and support growth with sticks.
TIP: These bowls of daffodils or narcissi make good presents and displays for others too.